Thursday, July 22, 2010

ohhhh, the things that make me happy!

are the following, for today, at least:

the dead milkmen. (yesssssssssss!)


dinah washington. (oh, that voice!)


bea arthur (r.i.p., my queen!) on the pamela anderson roast (sooooo good!)


planning two new burlesque shows with my partner in fringed and sequined crime, lindsey. we'll be revamping our Peace Pipe act for the lovely ladies over at Vaudezilla for Broadzilla at the Exit, in Chicago, at the end of this August. And we're additionally working on a brand spankin' new act to Jimmy Cliff's "You can get it if you really want" off of the "The Harder They Come album", for Eve's Parlor's Burlesque-a-palooza, in honor of this year's upcoming Lollapalooza, also in August. Each performer for that show has to create an act based on a song by one of the musical artists performing at this year's lollapalooza, and Jimmy was our pick, so this should be quite fun. phewwww, i feel a workout coming...
the-harder-they-come

and this lovely late 1940s/early 50s cable knit cropped sweater i had the pleasure of modeling for my lovely friend niki @ bombshellshocked vintage. fab!u!lous!
bombshell
bombshell2
(don't mind the fuzz on my bum, the angora sweater she photographed me in previous to this totally shed all over my hot pants, wah wah.)

ahhhh, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment