Wednesday, July 21, 2010

commission me this, commission me that.

so a little while back, my friend Linda approached me asked me if I would do two commissioned works for her, after seeing a new series of illustrations I had been working on over the winter/spring. She requested very specific pieces, unlike the normal illustrative work I do, and I was certainly down for the count. She's a pretty mystical gal, into all sorts of cultures and iconic imagery. Here are the pieces, I did for her office at home, the first of which being the Celtic Triquestra, in my illustrative style, the other of which being the Eyes of Horus, also in my personal style.

Here's how they turned out:
commissioned work for Linda Bonk

eyes of horus (commissioned)

triquestra (commissioned)

I was stoked to do pieces that were out of the norm for me, though the eyes of horus fit somewhat in with my previous fascination with ancient egyptian iconic symbolism, and it's a pleasure knowing that the pieces went to a loving and inspired home. Cheers, Linda!

xoxo,
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment