Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Have to Say it...

I normally wouldn't post anything from TMZ on my blog (unless it was something really, really funny or ridiculous) but I just saw this picture and I had to. This is a picture of Rihanna taken by police the night Chris Brown attacked her.

I just want to say that if you are in an abusive relationship right now, and you've either been too scared to do anything, or in denial, or maybe not even sure that what the person is doing to you IS abuse, please seek help. Nobody has the right to do this to you. There's nothing you could have done to justify it. No matter what they say, they're NOT sorry, and they WILL do it again. I hope beyond all hope that no one reading this IS going through this right now. But if you are... there's still a chance to get out of it. I don't want to get really morbid, but it occurred to me that this picture of Rihanna could have just as easily been a picture taken at the morgue, if he had gone *that* much further. Or if the person hadn't heard her screaming and called the police. Or if this had never been discovered, and 2 years from now he decided to push her out of a hotel window instead of "just" beating her in a car like he was in a fucking prize fight. Don't let this be you for one more day:


...and yes, a lesbian can be abusive against her lesbian girlfriend/wife (some people really don't know that, so I'm telling you). And words can be just as abusive as fists sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment