Friday, December 26, 2008

Sundays Are For (Lesbian) Lovers



Who else is super excited about Sundays on Showtime starting January 18th??

Of course you've got the final season of the L Word where they've gone and lost their minds again and killed off another fan favorite. Don't worry, I haven't just given you a spoiler. If you didn't already know, this is what Showtime and the L Word posse's entire promotional campaign is based on.



And here's a 2 minute teaser Showtime recently revealed...


I have my theories, and I'll tell you guys in the comments, if you wanna know:-) I'll definitely have my Top 10 lists again after each show, and might even vlog about it...not sure yet. I think this season is going to be fun, just based on some of the rumors I've heard and leaked vids I've seen. *coughhotHelenasexcough* So I can't wait!

Then in the next time slot, you've got the amazing Toni Collette (YUM!) in a series that's written by Diablo Cody of "Juno" fame. It looks pretty interesting from what I can see. The only thing that worries me a bit is that Showtime hasn't put any advertising behind the show on Youtube or online much, which could indicate it sucks? I don't know...but they had me at "Toni Collette."

And my favorite new show of 2008 has GOT to be "Secret Diary of a Call Girl." Oh my good lord...have you seen this yet?? It's amazing. The first episode I saw a few months ago (which incidentally wasn't the first of the series) was a bit slow and didn't catch my attention. But thankfully I gave it a second chance the next week and oh my. Let's do the math, shall we: Hot bitch? Check. Hot bitch that talks about sex for 80% of the show while mostly in some form of undress? Check. Hot bitch that talks about sex for 80% of the show while mostly in some form of undress...with a BRITISH ACCENT?? Um...check. The only thing--and I literally mean the only thing*--that would make this series better, is if Rachel Shelley were one of Belle's clients in an episode.

If you've been reading the blog for a while, watch this trailer for the show and see if you can count how many reasons/ways I love this show:


*another thing would be if I were the stand in for every single client in every single episode, and also if I got to totally do it with Billie Piper on and off screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment