Monday, January 31, 2011

Way Down in Mexico. Oh how I love the Coasters..

So, as I'm trying to get my vintage business Psychosurplus in order, my wedding planned (oh, p.s., I'm getting married in June!), a new art show under way for March, reboot everything I lost when my my computer crashed two weeks ago, as well as get my ducks in a row for the Windy City Burlesque Fest (which I just found out I would be performing in as a solo performer as well as in a duo with my darling Lindsey, for Honey B. Combe!), I managed to squeeze some time in to perform with my pals over at Vaudezilla for theire Lincoln Fair monthly burlesque exhibition.

And as I LOVEEEEEE the Coasters and have already performed to their musical stylings as Honey B. Combe once before, I decided to step my Sugar Cane Jane game up with one of my favorite songs by them, "Down in Mexico", as rendered in the Deathproof soundtrack.

Once I scored the footage and saw my set, I was extremely proud of myself, considering how disappointed I was with my last solo act, despite the fact that that particular act is what got me into the Windy City Burlesque Fest in the first place. So of course, I thought I'd share it and perhaps get a little feedback.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment