Saturday, September 18, 2010

Holy moly, I'm in Time Out Chicago...!

Okay, okay, so a few weeks ago, I was stopped on the street and asked if I could be photographed and interviewed briefly. I was hestitant at first, as I didn't know what the hell these two random guys were trying to get at, until they told me they were from Time Out Magazine(the Chicago edition), to which I replied surely, as long as the interview wasn't too ridiculous and they didn't mind the fact that I was carrying three bags of groceries along with me. They basically summarized the interview as being more or less fashion based, but as we got to talking (while the interviewer, Jake, recorded everything on his dictaphone), the conversation branched out to all sorts of silly things. I told them I would agree to letting them include me in this week's issues if I could receive a jpeg of the photo they decided to use for the blurb, via my business email. To my pleasant surprise, when Andrew, the photgrapher, emailed me the image, he also noted that Time Out would be running my interview and image on the first page as the feature for the public eye section.

!!!!!Whoaaaaaaaa, man, awesome!!!!!

I really don't want to toot my own horn, but when I saw the new copy of Time Out the other day, I couldn't deny being a little delighted. Plus, it's one of the first times that I've been interviewed and accurately quoted in a public editorial, as a few botches have happened with other blurbs and such in the past, so that was super exciting, too. Plus, they noted my friend Niki's vintage business, BombshellShocked, that I work/model for, which is grand, because she and her business were featured just a couple months back in Time Out for the Vintage issue. Plus, I just plain ol' love that gal.

Yay!

This is the image they decided upon, photo credit goes to Andrew Nawrocki of Time Out Chicago.
photo credit: Andrew Nawrocki for Time Out Chicago

(Here's the the full article)

xoxo,
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment