Friday, August 20, 2010

acrylics and cheetah print. yes!!

On September 3rd, 2010, I will be displaying new work in a group show entitled Nature Vs. Machine. The show will be curated by my good friend Corryn Jackson of Three Birds Gallery, who you may remember having seen in older posts, as her and I co-curated a show together earlier this year along with Lindsey, and it was most definitely bananas! Nature vs. Machine will feature the work of ten artists hailing from both Chicago, Il and Ann Arbor, MI, and challenges the artists to question the duality of "nature" and the artificial creation of the "machine." The artists have been divided into two groups to emulate one experience versus the other. I have taken on the machine.

With my favorite acrylic color palette, a giant slab of masonite & a huge roll of late 60s Cheetah print wall paper (not to mention, a month of brainstorming, trying to figure out what the hell I was going to visually contribute), I channeled my thoughts and got to work.

Here are some (crude) photos documenting the progression of my piece, as the deadline approaches...


round one.
layer one.
round two.
layer two.
and, tada! (it's still not 100% completed, but it's soooo close)
new work for the nature vs. machine show in september

xoxo,
erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment